Mandatory Registration Product List
|S. No.||Product Name||Variant||Group||Scheme|
|1||2 Wire Telephone Equipment||Telephone instruments and devices, capable of being connected to PSTN telephone line over 2‐wire||A||SCS|
|Key Telephone Systems||A||ACS|
|2||Conferencing Equipment||Audio Conference Facility Device||A||SCS|
|Multi Line Telephone System||A||SCS|
|3||Conferencing and Presentation Equipment||Video Conferencing Equipment||B||GCS|
|4||Group 3 Fax Machine||FAX machine with handset||A||SCS|
|FAX machine without handset||A||SCS|
|5||Data Modem (connectable on 2‐ wire Analog Line)||V.90 Modem||A||SCS|
|Voice Band Data Modem (V.21 to V.34)||A||SCS|
|6||Point of Sale (POS) Devices with or without Biometric Scanner||Point of Sale Terminal||A||GCS|
|7||Cord Less Telephone||Cordless Telephone||A||GCS|
|8||GPON Equipment||PON ONT||B||GCS|
|9||Media Converter equipment (for conversion amongst E1, WiFi, xDSL, Ethernet and Digital Interfaces over 2 Wire)||Media Converter||B||GCS|
|10||IoT Gateway with Cellular Connectivity||IoT Gateway||B||GCS|
|11||End Point Device for Environmental Monitoring with Cellular Connectivity||End Point Device for Environmental Monitoring||B||GCS|
|12||IoT Feedback Devices with Cellular Connectivity||Feedback Device||B||GCS|
|13||Sensing and Tracking Devices with Cellular Connectivity||Vehicle Tracking Device||B||GCS|
|Asset tracking device||B||GCS|
|Pet Tracking device||B||GCS|
|Human Tracking device||B||GCS|
|14||Smart Electricity meter with Cellular Connectivity||Smart Electricity meter||B||GCS|
|15||Smart Watch with Cellular Connectivity||Smart Watch||B||GCS|
|16||Smart Camera with Cellular Connectivity||Smart Security Camera||B||GCS|
|17||HF Radio Base Station and User Terminals||HF Base Station ‐ Baseband plus Radio||C||GCS|
|HF Baseband Equipment without Radio||C||GCS|
|HF Handheld Portable Stations||C||GCS|
|HF Mobile Stations||C||GCS|
|19||LAN Switch||L2 LAN Switch||C||GCS|
|L3 LAN Switch||C||GCS|
|20||Mobile Devices including Handsets, Tablets with SIM and Data Card||Mobile Handset||C||GCS|
|Mobile Data Card or Dongle||C||GCS|
|21||Mobile BTS (Base Station for Cellular Network)||BTS for GSM||C||GCS|
|NodeB for WCDMA||C||GCS|
|eNodeB for LTE||C||GCS|
|BTS for MSR||C||GCS|
|BTS with AAS||C||GCS|
|22||Compact Cellular Network||eNodeB CCN||C||GCS|
|23||Repeater for Cellular Network||GSM Repeater||C||GCS|
|24||Point to Point and Point to Multi‐ point Microwave Fixed Radio Systems||PTP/ PMP Full Outdoor Microwave Systems||C||GCS|
|PTP/ PMP Split MW Outdoor Unit||C||GCS|
|PTP/ PMP Split MW Indoor Unit||C||GCS|
|25||VHF and UHF Radio Base Station and User Terminals||UHF VHF Mobile Stations||C||GCS|
|UHF VHF Handheld Portable Stations||C||GCS|
|UHF VHF Baseband Equipment without Radio||C||GCS|
|UHF VHF Base Station ‐ Baseband plus Radio||C||GCS|
|UHF VHF Base Station ‐ Radio Only||C||GCS|
|26||Mobile Radio Trunking System Base Station and User Terminals||MRTS Mobile Station||C||GCS|
|MRTS Handheld Portable Station||C||GCS|
|MRTS Baseband Equipment without Radio||C||GCS|
|MRTS Base Station ‐ Radio Only||C||GCS|
|MRTS Base Station ‐ Baseband plus Radio||C||GCS|
|27||Equipment Operating in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Frequency Bands||Wifi Access points, WiFi Controller, WiFi Base Station and CPE||B||GCS|
|WLAN Controller Equipment||B||GCS|
|PTP PMP Wireless Access Equipment
2.4 or 5 GHz
|28||Satellite Communication Systems||Satellite Radio Frequency Transreceivers||C||GCS|
|Satellite Baseband Modem||C||GCS|
|Satellite Baseband Modem Controller||C||GCS|
|Satellite Optimisation Equipment||C||GCS|
|Satellite IF Transreceiver||C||GCS|
|Satellite Baseband Mod/ Demod/ Controller||C||GCS|
|29||IP Terminal||IP Terminal /SIP Terminal or IP Phone or equivalent device||B||GCS|
|30||Media Gateway||Media Gateway||C||GCS|
|Line Media Gateway||C||GCS|
|Media Gateway for CPE||C||GCS|
|31||Signalling Gateway||Signalling Gateway||C||GCS|
|32||Session Border Controller||Session Border Controller||C||GCS|
|33||Soft Switch||Soft Switch||C||GCS|
|34||ISDN Customer Premises Equipment||ISDN Terminal||A||SCS|
|PC card based ISDN Terminal||A||SCS|
|ISDN NT‐1 Network Terminal||A||SCS|
|Multipoint Conferencing Server||A||SCS|
|ISDN Terminal Adapter||A||SCS|
|36||Telephony Application Server||Telephony Application Server||C||GCS|
|37||Telephony Media Server||Telephony Media Server||C||GCS|
|38||Transmission Terminal Equipments (including Multiplexer, PDH, SDH, DWDM, OTN, DXC)||Transmission Terminal Equipment||C||GCS|
The BIS Registration is granted by BIS office after successful safety testing of the product as per notified Indian Standard and furnishing of necessary documents.
Documents / Technical Details Required by Testing Lab / CAB
Legal address proof of the Manufacturing Unit
- Copy of Factory License mentioning the relevant product as the scope of manufacturing and indicating the address of manufacturing unit – in English as well in original language
Technical Details about the Product
Following technical details about the product –
- Sample(s) along with user manual
- Safety critical components list – component details format is available on the website of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology or can be provided by Brand Liaison
- PCB layout and circuit diagram of the product
- Mains power / SMPS Layout and circuit diagram
- Supporting documents for validation of series formation and selection of lead sample for testing
- Soft copy of marking label on the product
Additional Technical Details in case of Cell / Battery
- UN 38.3 test report (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) for lithium ion cells and batteries
- ISO 9001 certificate
Trade Mark Registration
- Copy of Brand / Trade Mark Registration
Authority Letter from Trade Mark / Brand owner
- If manufacturing unit is not the owner of Trade Mark / Brand
Documents / Technical Details Required for Certification by TEC
- Product and product Variant including interfaces applicable
- Model number and name
- Family details, if applicable
- Hardware and software versions, as applicable
- Brief description of product with only the key features which describe the equipment properly
- Brand name
- Bill of Material
- Payment of Administrative Fees and Evaluation Fee (if applicable)
- Original Test Report (for GCS products), and Test Results along with test report details (for SCS products)
For a customized and attractive quotation, please contact us with your product details
- SCS / Group A: 30 – 35 Days
GCS / Group A: 35 – 45 Days
GCS / Group B: 45 – 55 Days
GCS / Group C: 55 – 65 Days
GCS / Group D: 65 – 75 Days
Validity of Certificate
TEC Certification is valid for 5 years from the date of issue. However, for Foreign OEM the Certificate is granted for five years or validity of MOU or AIR letter, whichever is earlier.
Renewal of Certificate
Application for renewal is to be made online along with the renewal fee, at least one month prior to expiry of the current certificate’s validity period.
A certificate shall be renewed if there is no change in the ERs applicable to the equipment, and there is no change in the equipment model.
A fresh certificate valid for another five years shall be issued, indicating the previous certificate number thereon.
TEC may ask for re-testing / re-evaluation of certified telecom equipment and charge the relevant fee, should the need arise to check on the compliance of the equipment to the ERs.
Process of TEC Certification involves the following steps:
Step-1: Registration on TEC Portal
Step-2: Allotment of Testing Lab
Step-3: Submission of Samples for Testing
Step-4: Receiving of Test Reports
Step-5: Submission of Documents & Payment to TEC
- The applicant is required to apply to the respective Regional TEC (RTEC) under whose jurisdiction either their manufacturing plant or registered office is located, for the purpose of certification.
- The applicant has to fill the application form Form-A, and submit it to the concerned RTEC along with the requisite documents.
- If Form-A and the documents are found satisfactory, applicant shall be intimated regarding acceptance of the application and shall be asked to deposit the applicable testing fee by quoting a unique reference number/ demand note number/ registration number.
- The testing fee has to be deposited on-line through Non-Tax Revenue Portal (NTRP) using link: https://bharatkosh.gov.in/. While depositing the testing fee, unique reference number/ demand note number/ registration number given by the RTEC should be quoted so as to link the receipt with the case for which payment is being made.
- The user guide for making payment of test fee through NTRP can be downloaded from https://bharatkosh.gov.in/static/Template/UserGuideBharatkosh.pdf. Click here to see guidelines for payment to TEC for availing various services.
- After successful payment, applicant shall submit the dully filled registration form (Form-B) along with the online receipt of fee paid.
- If the Form-B and the test fee/ administrative charges are found in order, the application for certification of the product will be registered.
- A Test schedule shall be worked out and testing shall be carried out in accordance with Test Schedule and Procedure (TSTP) prescribed by TEC for the particular GR/ IR.
- After successful completion of testing, Approval Certificate shall be issued by TEC, which shall be valid for 5 years.
- For further information, the officers of concerned RTEC may be contacted.
Foreign manufacturer is required to nominate an Indian business organization as its Authorized Indian Representative and Signatory (AIR). Any Executive of this company, located in India, can become AIR.
Exempted Products List
|S. No.||Name of Equipment||Examples|
|1.||Modules/ Spares/ Components/ SKD/ CKD||Spare cards, return repair, WiFi modules|
|2.||Test Instruments||RF Tester, Power Meter|
|3.||Hobby Assembling||Self-assembled Amateur Radio|
|4.||Passive Telecom Components||Tower, Antenna, Waveguide, smart cards|
|5.||Integrated systems and networks consisting of more than one telecom equipment, each of which are individually covered by MTCTE.||GPON is not certified. OLT, ONT and ONU are independent components of GPON and each are certified independently.|
|6.||Power supply/ UPS/ Solar equipment/ Batteries|
|7.||Equipment that are manufactured/ imported in India but exclusively
meant for export
|8.||IoT sensors and inter-sectoral devices with propriety communication interfaces only.||Temperature sensor, Agricultural Sensor|
|9.||Primarily non-telecom electrical and electronic products with Wi-Fi/ NFC/ BT etc.||AC or Fridge with WiFi, Lights with BLE remote control|
|10.||Multi-functional devices with Wi-Fi/ Ethernet ports primarily meant for trans-receiving images.||Multi-functional Printer/ Scanner/ Fax|
|11.||Equipment with communication module
specifically covered by mandatory scheme of any other Government agency.
|Laptop with WiFi.|
|12.||Set Top Box (presently under CRS)||ERs/ certification procedure for these products shall be
|13.||Enterprise Digital Assistant|
|14.||Laptops with Cellular connectivity|
The Marking Label must be clear on every product which cannot be removed, cannot be scratched and cannot be washed off by normal efforts. It is advised to emboss or print marking label on the product. The printed metal plate of the marking label well fixed on the product can also be a good option.
The Product Marking Label must mention the following information :
- Name of Product (Category)
- Model Number
- Brand Name
- Power Rating (Input / Output)
- Name of Manufacturer
- Made in Country Name (Like Made In India, Made In China etc.)
Other information on marking label is optional and can be mentioned as per products’ individual requirements.
TEC labelling requirements consist of:
- Logo on the body of equipment at a prominent location.
- Indication of equipment conforming to ERs in its technical documentation.
- Certification e-label is applicable only in case of mobile handset and tablets.
- Size of TEC logo may be reduced or enlarged maintaining the aspect ratio.